It turns out you're reliably using less resources that you expected, or you've retired a VM and don't need to create another in its place, in this case we can downgrade the resource pool to save on costs, here's how;
IMPORTANT - You cannot downgrade below the capacity of resources that are currently in use, if you wish to downgrade you must first make space by deleting a VM or decreasing its assigned resources.
- Log into your account and using the side-panel select "Services - Flexible Resources".
- Select the Resource pool you intend to create a VM on, for new users there may be only one.
- In the Resources page select the "Resources" tab (top-right).
- Here you will see a summary of your current allocation and usage, in the bottom-right click on "Upgrade/Downgrade".
- Move the sliders to your desired specification and click "Continue".
- Here you will be given a summary which includes the new monthly price, and if you're owed any credit (due to pro-rata invoicing) it will be assigned to your account automatically.
- You will receive confirmation that the upgrade/downgrade is processing and within a few seconds the new resources should be appropriately adjusted.
- Confirm this by clicking the "Resources" tab, the capacity and usage should have updated.
Check out our quick video guide here;
If you get stuck or need any help, we're always around, just create a ticket and myself or one of the team will assist as soon as possible.